I know whom I have believed

Knowledge is power so goes the axiom but when two very powerful words are used side by side, you know you are in for a treat. 

Here in our text, the Apostle Paul uses these two words know and believed. It would have been okay to say I believe in God and that believing in God would have done the job. But he uses a higher verb that doubly reinforces the outcome. 

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." (2Tim.1.12) 

He says he suffers these things because he knows in whom he has believed. Most people believe in a God whom they do not know. Knowing come not just from an intellectual standpoint but from an experiential one. The children of Israel before crossing the red sea believed but after they crossed, they knew. The disciple before seeing the resurrected Christ believed but when they saw him, knew. 

Jesus told Mary and Martha that they will see the glory of God if they believed. And they did, they had their brother raised back to life. 

"Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?" (John.11.40) 

Paul stood before the centurion and his fellow travellers and said I believed God that it will be according as it was spoken to me - and it was so.
 
"Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me." (Acts.27.25) 

This year, go in, knowing in Whom you believe and God's promises will become reality in every area of your life every step of the way. Believing alone is enough, but adding a knowing to your beliefs reinforces the result. 

Happy New Year 

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am