"Law man" or God's man

The law in one sense was a defective reflection of God. It reflected who God is; though not a perfect reflection. The law says don't steal, God does not steal. The law says do not lie, God does not lie, etc. But there was more to God that law could not show or give to us.

As a result, God has given us His grace. His grace was not just a reflection of Himself but was God Himself. The law would should you what to do but could not grant you the ability to do it but grace did not just show you, He did it for us. The essence of the law was to satisfy God but grace came and did that on behalf of mankind.

The reason why the Apostle says here that he quiets being a 'law man' but instead became God's man

"What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man". (Gal.2.18 MSG)

Are you 'law man' who is still striving to fulfill the dictates of the law by your deeds? Or are you God's man, who rest on the finished work of Christ Jesus and has therefore come into the rest of the Lord?

What does it mean to be God's man? God's man is the man who trusts in the satisfying works of Christ Jesus on the cross on his behalf. So now his only work is to believe in and in believing he become the righteousness of God in Christ.

"For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." (2Cor.5.21 NLT)

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. Thanks for the message may God continue to help us in this heavenly race in Jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! I am God's man.
    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah, I'm God's woman, because what I couldn't do Christ did for me. So my own is to believe and accept that I'm justified, blessed, healed , ransomed of the Lord.
    Thank you Sir , more blessings .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thank you for your thoughts. You are appreciated.

      Delete
  4. I’m justify by Grace in Christ Jesus! Glory to God…
    Thank you for sharing sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am