What's in a name?


What's in a name? 

"He named him Noah, saying, "This one will give us a break from the hard work of farming the ground that GOD cursed." (Gen.5.29) 

Names have prophetic attributes in them. When a thing is named, the name defines what it does and what it cannot do. When a person is named, his future is foretold, especially when the persons parents are in tune with the agenda of God. But that person has to work to bring that prophecy to reality. 

John the baptist was a case in point when the wrong name would have been given. If the parent had not listened and obeyed God's instruction but instead bow to family and societal pressure. 

"And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John." (Luke.1.60) 

Another example is Benjamin, the second son from the loved-wife of Jacob. As the mother was dying from the pain of childbirth, he called the child Benoni but his father says not so, he shall be called Benjamin 

"With her last breath, for she was now dying, she named him Ben-oni (Son-of-My-Pain), but his father named him Ben-jamin (Son-of-Good-Fortune)." (Gen.35.18) 

Lamech named his son Noah saying this one will give us a break from the hard work of farming. Today being my 50th birthday, I declare Jubilee. I declare I am redeemed. I say I come into God's best for me, away from the pains of the past. 

What about you, what do you say about you? 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift)

NB: Happy 50th golden jubilee celebration to me. Thank you Jesus. Please say prayer for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am