Meaningless Grace

The law could not save us, if it could there would be no need for grace. We are told that if there was nothing wrong with the old, there won't be any use establishing the new. "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second". (Heb.8.7)

The law was a mirror that reflected what God wanted from us but does not have the power to make us do what He wants. So our text says: "if we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die." Meaning Jesus died so that we do not have to live our lives based on and by the law.

"I am not one of those who treats the grace of God as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die."(Gal.2.21NLT)

His death also introduce us to grace -the ability of God to do for us what we could not do for ourselves. He made His grace available to us so we could live by this available grace and become all that God ever wanted us to become.

He says, "I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless.

What does that mean?

When you try to accomplish what grace already accomplishes for you; you are treating the grace of God as meaningless. The same lie the devil sold Eve in the garden of Eden when he said if you eat this fruit you would be like God when she was already like God. When I try to attain heaven by my works. For the grace not to become meaningless we must be like the prodigal son who comes back to the Father regardless of whatever state he was in and believe that God will not in any way cast him out. No meaningless grace, please...

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out". (John.6.37)

Happy new month!

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. The law mirrored to me what I should , emm but I didn't have the capacity to do it even though I was willing. But Christ came along and did everything I couldn't do . He just expects me to believe, accept and walk in what he has done for me and that's the grace 🙌🙌👍👍.
    Thank you so much Sir, God bless you and happy new month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am