No airs...

At some level, we are all living to impress. Whether we are impressing our peers or impressing our subordinates. And most important is impressing our superiors. Who are you trying to impress?

Studies have shown that the craving for praise is just as addictive as drugs and alcohol. Little wonder most people are transfixed on their phones trying to find out how many likes what... they posted on social media has generated. The struggle is real.

Some people may find something interesting and as a result, post it on social media but once it does not generate the expected buzz in terms of likes, comments, and shares. Their opinion of that thing changes. Who do you live to impress?

"Christ's life showed me how, and enabld me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Gal.2.19 MSG)

Paul says I am crucified with Christ, 'My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God'

I do not what to appear righteous before you, I am not striving to impress you. My righteousness has nothing to do with what I do or do not do but everything to with Christ living in me. So now the life you see me live is not mine, it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

There are no airs whatsoever, everything Is about Him

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1Cor.2.2)

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. Christ is the centre point of all our thoughts and to impress him means to draw closer to him and know his dos and don'ts may God help us in Jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there's anyone I would like to impress, it would be Christ. To be found in him not having my own righteousness but his Thank you, God bless you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well articulated. After all I'm dead and my life is hidden with Christ Jesus in God. Col. 3:3. More so, the life I live is longer mine , Christ lives in me. Gal. 2:20. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am