Faith and works hand in glove

Faith and works hand in glove

"I can already hear one of you agreeing by saying, "Sounds good. You take care of the faith department, I'll handle the works department." Not so fast. You can no more show me your works apart from your faith than I can show you my faith apart from my works. Faith and works, works and faith, fit together hand in glove." (Jas.2.18 MSB)

When we read through the book of James, if one is not careful, one gets the impression that the Apostle James contradicts the Apostle Paul. But on a careful stance, one begins to see that they truly were on the same page. 

The Apostle Paul placed a lot of emphasis on the speaking faith. He spoke about the faith that speaks because he believes. 

"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;" (2Cor.4.13

And the Apostle James on the other hand, speaks about the faith that acts because it has spoken. James also took the time to share with us that the fact that faith speaks, is only one side of the coin, the other side is to act. This is what he referred to as "Faith and works, works and faith, fit together hand in glove."

He concluded further thus:
"Isn't it obvious that faith and works are yoked partners, that faith expresses itself in works? That the works are "works of faith"? (Jas.2.22 MSB)

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am