Free slave

Free slave

"You are not slaves; you are free. But your freedom is not an excuse to do evil. You are free to live as God's slaves. (1Pet.2.16 NLT)

I have often insisted that one always has options. To choose or not to choose, to be free or not to be free. The concept of freedom is fascinating and so also is that of slavery - that one is one or the other boils down to one's choice. 

Our text agrees with me. He says you are not slaves; you are free. And then it concludes, that though one is free, one is only free to live as God's slave. 

So if you are free why live as slaves to God? Choice

You choose whose slaves you become. 

"Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval." (Rom.6.16 NLT)

So I insist that I am not a slave to anything or anyone. I am free and I use this freedom as a reason to live as God's slave. To God, I submit my will, my volition, my thoughts, and my life. I choose to be God's slave so I can live in perpetual freedom. 

You are free from the power of sin, free from sickness and disease, free from the bondage of fear, and free to live as a slave for God. 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am