Everyone has this bent but not everyone is slanted

Everyone has this bent but not everyone is slanted 

"GOD smelled the sweet fragrance and thought to himself, "I'll never again curse the ground because of people. I know they have this bent toward evil from an early age, but I'll never again kill off everything living as I've just done." (Gen.8.21) 

We could talk about the sacrifice that made God think to himself. When he smelled it, he said, I will never again, curse the ground because of man. What kind of sacrifice could that be? That was the kind of sacrifice that made God make request from Solomon. "What can I do for you?" 

"That night, there in Gibeon, GOD appeared to Solomon in a dream: God said, "What can I give you? Ask." (1Kgs.3.5) 

Are your sacrifice getting God's attention? 

But I want to draw our attention to the fact that God says man has a bent toward evil from an early age. It is this bent that create the void that man wants to fill by all means, running up and down, pillar to post, helter-skelter but only God can fill this void. 

When we try to fill this void with anything other than God, man ends up in idolatry. And so it is the sacrifice that bridges the gap. The sacrifice is something that you are willing to give up in order to come to the place where God and God alone is your priority. Some people have so heeded to this bent that they are slanted. God told Abraham to walk upright before Him (see Gen17:1) This bent may be there, does not mean you should heed to it. As many as are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. (Rom:8:14)

Are you bent and slanted or are you bent but upright? 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am