Abba Father

Abba has been defined as a father but one is left wondering why the word, if meaning father, as in this verse would be rendered to mean "father father".

It is a word that signifies intimacy to imply " My Father". Showing closeness and personal relationship. Abba has also been seen to mean holy. So it would mean, "holy father".

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." (Gal.4.6)

As a double appellation, "my father my father" can be seen as used by Elisha addressing Elijah when the latter was been taken up into heaven in a chariot of fire.

"And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces."(2Kgs.2.12)

Paul the Apostle tells us that it is sons that qualify to address God as " My Father". Showing a father and son relationship. And by extension, enjoy the benefits that accrue from such a relationship. A father is responsible for the upkeep, training, and culture of the son. The father teaches the son to be a man. Jesus said, as I see my father do, I do"

"Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."(John.5.19)

What do you see the Father doing?    That is what you should replicate.

Furthermore, Jesus said if earthly fathers that are wicked know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more will our heavenly Father give good things to those who ask ( see Matthew:7:11)
Do you have this relationship with Abba Father?

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. Thank you God for being our father. Thank you for how you father us, we appreciate you in Jesus name. Help us through the power of your spirit to replicate what you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am