Be as I am, for I am as you are

We live in critical and difficult times, the bible instructs us that in the last days perilous times shall come. And then listed all the things that will follow these perilous times. I wonder if we understand the import of that statement.

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy," (2Tim.3.1-2)

It says self absolved, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, and the list goes on. Why then do we wonder when we see these happenings?

When we see people treat people in such manners described above, we should be reminded that these are difficult times. So the Apostle Paul says:

"My dear friends, what I would really like you to do is try to put yourselves in my shoes to the same extent that I, when I was with you, put myself in yours. You were very sensitive and kind then. You did not come down on me personally."(Gal.4.12 Msg)

Put yourself in my shoes as much as I have put myself in your shoes. The King James version says it this way "Be as I am, for I am as you are". And I wonder if you are as I am why then should I be as you are? Because you already are as I am. But truly, what it means is, "do to me as I have done to you".

Jesus told us to do unto others as we would have them do to us. It is instructive to note that it does not say do unto others what they do to you but to do to others what you would have them do to you.

"Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God's Law and Prophets and this is what you get." (Matt.7.12 Msg)

Some have tagged this the golden rule. So in these difficult times we live in when people seem to be short-fused, irritants, ask yourself, how would I like to be treated, then take the initiative and do it for them. This was you would be as I am, for I am as you are. You would have done for others what you would have them do for you. This way you will be the difference...

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. It is instructive indeed, may the Lord help us to heed this instruction and shine as light through our good works so that our father in heaven is glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah, do unto others what you want them to do for you. May we hear what the spirit is saying to through his prophet in Jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am