Take your stand

It is said that freedom is not given, it has to be taken. This is so because the oppressor enjoys certain privileges that he doesn't want to forfeit. The oppressed on the other hand have to fight if they must be freed. But this was not the case for the believers, for Christ Jesus bought our freedom with his shed blood on Calvary.

But we know from scripture that when a person is freed from the powers of the enemy, the demon responsible for that person comes back seeking readmittance into where he was driven or cast out of. If he finds it free and vacant, he goes and invites seven more deadly demons to join him. (See Luke:11:24-28)

Little wonder the Apostle Paul reaffirms our freedom but went further to admonish us to "stand our ground"

"Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you." (Gal.5.1 MSG)

Take your stand - This suggests that you have to fight to stay free. And you fight by staying committed to the word of God. Jesus went further to instruct that the way we stay free is to hear and guard God's word with our lives

"Jesus commented, "Even more blessed are those who hear God's Word and guard it with their lives!"
(Luke.11.28 NLT)

Now, I can understand why Job said he esteemed God's word above his necessary food because, with God's word in you, you will never again let anyone put a harness or a yoke of slavery on you. So take your stand...

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. I take my stand on the word of God. I refuse to be enslaved again by the lies if the devil. The son of God has set me free by his word therefore I'm free indeed. I choose to stand on what God says about me rather than what the devil is insinuating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am