You are redeemed

"Christ purchased our freedom [redeeming us] from the curse (doom) of the Law [and its condemnation] by [Himself] becoming a curse for us, for it is written [in the Scriptures], Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree (is crucified); (Gal.3.13 Amp.)

That a convict was hung on the cross beam now and again in Jesus' days was no news. A typical example would be the two thieves that were hung alongside when Jesus Christ was hung.

It, therefore, begs the question of why Jesus' death was of unique consequence. This is why:

Pontius Pilate, Governor and one who sat in judgement over the accusation brought against Christ Jesus found Him not guilty. In other words, he was free to go but yet was still hung.

"Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him." (John.19.4)

Secondly, Jesus declared that no man takes his life from him but that he lays it down of his own accord that he might take it up again.

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." (John.10.17-18)

This was a declaration of a mission statement and it was executed on the cross when he laid down his life

Finally, 2 Corinthians:5:21 says that he became sin for us so that we may become the righteousness of God in Christ.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2Cor.5.21)

This was how the mission statement above was fulfilled. This is the reason why you should be rest assured, knowing that you are redeemed. When Jesus hung on the cross its purpose was to redeem you. You are bought back to God. You now belong to God and nothing can pluck you out of His hands. Nothing whatsoever -not sin, not sickness not satan.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. I’m the redeemed of God! Hallelujah.. thank you Jesus..


    Thanks for sharing sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am redeemed , nothing can pluck me out of God's hands . Bless you sir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am