No mindless responding

"Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good--crucified."(Gal.5.24 MSG)

This passage of Scripture cannot be more apt and handy at this present time than any other time in the year.

We live in a season that will place unnecessary demand on you. This season is such that people tend to show off all of their achievements as the year comes to an end. And as a result, you will see people who will buy things they do not need to impress people that don't like them just so the people think of them as important.

The Apostle Paul says we do not belong to the group that mindlessly responds to what everyone calls necessity anymore. He says we do not get our own way anymore because we have crucified all of those desires. I respond from a place where I am mindful, thoughtful, and helpful. I respond as Christ would respond, not in the flesh but after the spirit.

We belong to Christ now. So our affections are on things above where Christ is seated on the right hand of God. His desires are now my desires, His likes are now my likes, His plans are now my plans. I am not a mindless Christian, I am mindful of His presence and His power constantly available in me. My mind stays on Him and His word and as a result, I do not respond mindlessly.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. Yes o...I am mindful of God's presence and His power.
    Thank you for sharing sir

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am