God running things

When Jesus died and rose again, the Bible tells us that God sets him over all things in the heavenly place from where he runs everything. Ephesians:1:20-21 tells us that much. And from this heavenly place, he runs everything

"in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever" (Eph.1.21 MSG)

If someone had told me that Christ was in charge of running the universe, I would not have a problem with that. The universe seems to run seamlessly. That much my mind can accept without questions.

But it didn't stop there, it says he runs governments too. Now my mind is contracted, trying to find a place for that truth to rest and find a foothold. I looked at governments around the world that are nothing short of evil and I asked myself, "is Christ running such also?

But we shouldn't forget that best pictures are painted against contrasting backdrops. If Christ hadn't suffered, died, and been buried, the resurrection will not be this sweet. If the Hebrew boys had not been thrown in the fire, we would not know God could sustain them in and through the fire. The same can be said of Daniel in the lion's den.

Out of your pain, God wants to bring power, out of your miseries, God wants to bring a ministry, and out of your pain, he wants to bring gain. He never left the driver's seat of your life. It may look like the devil and his cohorts from hell are gaining ground but it is only a backdrop heralding our victories. Christ runs everything from galaxies to governments. Don't take my words for it, see it in Ephesians 1:21 the message translation as quoted in our text above. "... nothing is exempt from his rule." Christ runs everything.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am