He quickened us together

The world was dead to God. When man fell in the garden of Eden, the whole human race fell with him. Some will say that God said the man was going to die if he eats the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil but when he did he did not die. He did die but the death was a spiritual one, where we became separated from God and were now in need of a quickening.

To quicken is to bring back to life, to revive or make alive. Paul the apostle says that while we were dead in sin, He made provision for us to be made alive and this He did before the foundation of the world. He quickened us in Christ Jesus

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)" (Eph.2.5)

The death of Christ brought him to the same level of deadness as we were. This was done so that when Christ is quickened, we also will be quickened with him. Hence the Bible says "hath quickened us together with Christ.

You are quickened in Christ. In Christ, you are made alive to God. You can now commune with God just as Adam did before the fall. God quickened you when He quickened Christ. He quickened us together. Why? So that we can sit together with Christ in his eternal glory. And because I am quickened, nothing dies in me, nothing dies in my hands, not my children, not my business, and not my purpose. I am quickened together in Christ Jesus. What about you?

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am