In Christ

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" (Eph.1.3)

We are blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. All of these blessings are in heavenly places. This is important to grasp because this means there is no blessing that you need that is not already available to you in heavenly place in Christ.

But availability is not the same as accessibility. Case in point:

"And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." (Luke.15.31)

The elder brother of the prodigal son had all the father's blessing available to him - "all that I have is thine" -but he lacked accessibility. That was why he said: "...and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:" (Luke.15.29)

He had the blessings available but had no access. Access is only available in Christ. All of God's promises in Christ are in him yeah and in him amen.

"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." (2Cor.1.20 NIV)

We have to speak the amen in agreement with the spoken promise as we ask Him for it. It is available and accessible only in Christ Jesus.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am