Think and thank God

I want to ask you to do a little exercise with me today. I want you to think of the good things that God has done for you, all the bad things that could have happened but did not happen. After you've thought about these things I want you to thank God because if you can think, then you can thank God.

The Story is told of this lady who thought nothing was working for her. She thought of ending it all, taking her life but before that, she went to speak to this Minister. The Minister asked her to carry out a little exercise. He asked to take a sheet of paper and rule a line in the middle dividing the paper in two. On the one part, she wrote all the things she was grateful for and on the other part, all the things she thought weren't working for her. By the time she was done, she was surprised that she had more things working in her favour than against her. If you can think, you can thank.

The Apostle Paul taught a very important lesson in our text:

"I couldn't stop thanking God for you--every time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks".
(Eph.1.16 MSG)

He says every time he prayers, he thanks God for the believers in Ephesus, and the reason he can thank God on their behalf in the place of prayer is because he thinks of them. If you think, really think you will see you have more than enough reason to thank God.

And this was also a pattern of prayer. He says every time I pray, I think, then I thank God. He was praying intelligent prayers. Prayers that are born out of a result of deep thinking. When you can think in the place of prayer, you allow the thoughts of God to flow through your mind. If you can think, you can thank.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. "Count your blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the lord is doing in your life" Don't relent on depending on God cos he can never fail you. Good morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am