prisoner to the cause

"For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles," (Eph.3.1)

Ever wondered why the Apostle Paul accomplished so much? The answer is very simple, "he was a prisoner to the cause of our Lord Jesus Christ". Lord let your cause imprison me.

Again in chapter 4 verse one, he says:
"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called" (Eph.4.1)

Don't stay idle, do something for the Lord. Don't trust your judgment, yes what you intend to do you may fail at, but trust God's judgment who has asked you to get on your feet and not just walk but run. Every athlete who succeeded was once a prisoner of their dream.

What does it mean to be a prisoner to a cause? It means you will do whatever is required to make that dream a possibility. I like The Message rendition of this verse. It reads: "In light of all this, here's what I want you to do. While I'm locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk--better yet, run!-on the road God called you to travel. I don't want any of you sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere." (Eph.4.1 msg)

He says while he is a prisoner, others should get out there and be busy doing something.

I am reminded of David who asked the question, "Is there not a cause?" (1 Sam: 17: 29)

There is yet a cause. I don't know what cause has imprisoned you but be sure it is something that has eternal values and not just earthly benefits. Lord let your cause imprison me.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. Lord let your cause imprison me to do exploit for you in Jesus name Amen. Good morning and have a great day too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that there is still yet a cause, may the zeal for your consume us and may only burn for you in Jesus name Amen.
    Thank you sir for being yet another blessing to us. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LORD, let Your cause imprison me...Amen
    Thank you sir

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am