Approve what is excellent

This is a worthy verse to not only school yourself on but to pray on regularly. The prayer began in the previous verse where the Apostle Paul began to pray. And it says to not only love much but well. And here it says that:

“That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ" (Phil.1.10)

Imagine what your life would turn out to be if you approve only excellent things? That is, your actions will exceed the ordinary. Oh!, that that will be your desire and your quest.

How does one achieve a life of excellence? The Apostle Paul was praying for the Philippian church and his pray was that they will approve excellent things. So that is a good place to start. Pray that you may approve excellent things.

And then he went further to say to fill one's mind with excellent thoughts.

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." (Phil.4.8 NLT)

Think about excellent things. A man's life is only as rich as his thought. Jesus said 'out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks'. And your life generally follows the direction of your mouth. Think excellent things, pray excellent things, and approve excellent things.

Lay your hands on yourself and say, "I have an excellent spirit, I act excellently, I speak excellently. I think excellent thought. I am excellent.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am