Preacher in prison

I have had cause to go and preach at the Kirikiri Correctional Center, which is the Kirikiri prison in Lagos, Nigeria. And as we go in, a tag is handed to you with the instruction to keep it safe because without it you cannot come out. You will become a prisoner. We go in willingly knowing we are coming out. But the Apostle Paul was not a visitor to this prison, he was a prisoner for preaching the gospel.

"I am in chains now for preaching this message as God's ambassador. But pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should". (Eph.6.20 NLT)

I imagine what the headlines would read if a popular preacher was to be sent to prison today. There would be all sorts of insinuations and how the name of Lord and King is being dragged in the mud. But the Apostle Paul was giving prison a purpose.

What have you given up for the sake of the gospel? Paul gave up his freedom. Many have given up their time, others their lives. What are you willing to walk away from for the sake of the gospel?

Would you still be standing if this gospel was not about meeting your needs? Though He slays me yet I will trust Him. Preaching the gospel in a time of need, in season, and out of season. Our attitude should be "whatever it takes". Some of us are free and in our freedom, we are not even preaching the gospel. May we not find ourselves in a place where we will be constrained to preach. Make the best of this freedom, and tell someone about Jesus Christ today.

He has risen... Happy resurrection

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am