Dying empty

Our lives are progressively dynamic. It is on a tangent of constant change. Little wonder we wanted to become different things at different age brackets. Even when we became adults, there is a constant longing for progression.

Our Christian life is not any different. The Apostle Paul showed us in our text, the longing for this progressive change. Change to become all we were called to be, to have all we were called to have, and to do all we were called to do.

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be." (Phil.3.12)

He says that he does not mean to say that he has already achieved or reached perfection. Only those who wish to die mediocre make such claims. If you are truly worth your onion, you know there is yet another layer to unravel. There is more work to be done.

He says I keep working toward the day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be. We see the key to being all is to keep working. Jesus told us that there is a time to work.

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." (John.9.4)

A time is coming when you may not be able to work anymore. Now is the time to be all and do all. There is a reason you were saved - be that and do that. Make sure that by the time you stand before your Maker, you have delivered to this world those volumes of books, the different albums, the inventions, you have raised that child, you have led that country out of underdevelopment and you are ready to die empty.

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith": (2Tim.4.7)

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am