Resurrected body

The Apostle Paul had so much craving for God that he was looking forward to resurrection in his body - a resurrected body while he was yet living.

If you do not look at the text carefully you may miss this point. We know Paul was not one we want to convince about resurrection - he was a proponent of it. So when he says "if possible" we should watch was he was talking about.

"That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]. (Phil.3.11 Amp)

He knows that one day his body will be resurrected. Here he says he wants to achieve spiritual resurrection - that is, his spirit coming to life. And moral resurrection - that is, his soul being completely regenerated. We know that at the new birth our spirit is saved instantaneously but our soul is being renewed daily

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (Jas.1.21) Romans 12 also talks about renewing our minds.

But in our text Paul the Apostle says if it were possible, he wants to attain the resurrection of the body or a resurrected body while he was yet alive in this world. We can see the similarity in Gal.2.20 -

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

So, we must live the resurrected life. The life of victory, resurrection, and the display of the power of God in every facet of life. You have the victory. Amen

NB: We say a BIG THANK YOU to you all for the prayers, wishes, gifts, etc on my wife's birthday. God replenish you thousand times more. Amen 

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

  1. I am crucified with Christ and therefore Christ lives in me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am