Stand fast in the Lord

"Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved". (Phil.4.1)

To stand fast is to stand firm. He says to stand fast in the Lord. This is very instructive because it did not say to stand fast in your financial strength, not in your connections, not in your skills and your know-how but to stand fast in the Lord.

How does one stand fast in the Lord? To stand fast in the Lord is to stand firm in the word of God. The Apostle John tells us that the word of God is God and God is His word.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". (John.1.1)

The word of God is the person of God so to stand firm in the Lord is to stand firm in the word of God. But how does one stand fast in the word of God?

To Stand fast in the word means to stand on what God's word says about you. If God's word says you are healed, you stand in that word until it becomes your reality.

Standing fast in the Lord is standing fast in the word and standing fast in the word of God is appropriating the word of God in every area of my life. By speaking what the word says about me instead of my situations and circumstances.

James showed us an example. He says one way to stand fast in the word of God is to resist the devil steadfastly in the faith.

"Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. (1Pet.5.9)

When the devil attack any area of my life I resist him steadfastly by standing firm in the word of God.

Stand firm in the Lord.

Happy New Month

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am