Love in the spirit

Love is of the spirit. We have heard of praying in the spirit, dancing in the spirit, walking in the spirit, even laughing in the spirit, and now, loving in the spirit.

Love is of God. Anything that loves, truly loves, is of God. The Bible says that God is love. It did not say love is God but that God is love. Meaning there cannot be God without love.

"Also he has informed us of your love in the [Holy] Spirit". (Col.1.8 Amp.)

Love is the nature of God. God cannot do anything outside of love. Just as a dog will bark, a Lion will roar so will God love. And since we are born of God, the Bible tells us that the love of God is shared abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. (see Roman:5:5)

So we can love in the spirit. To love in the spirit means that I do not love by reasons of my senses, that is not directed by feelings and emotions but by the Spirit. That means, even when it doesn't look convenient to love, I love. Little wonder, Jesus says, love your enemies. Who does that? Those in whose hearts the love of God have been shared and loved by the spirit. Love like Jesus loves.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another". (John.13.34-35)

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am