Settle your disagreement

The church began with a great sense of unity. I dare say one of the reasons the early church experienced so much power is because of the unity that they walked in.

We see several records of this in the book of Acts of the Apostles. (see Acts1:14, 2:26, etc) But as the church began to grow we see disagreement began to creep in. (See Acts:6)

Unity is very powerful. Little wonder Paul says to the sisters Euodia and Syntyche to settle their disagreement.

"And now I want to plead with those two women, Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. (Phil.4.2)

Settle your disagreement because you belong to the Lord. Jesus prayed that the Father should make them one as we are one.

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (John.17.21)

So God's will is for us to live in unity. The only reason Paul gave to the disagreeing sisters is that they belong to the Lord.

Paul seems to be saying because you belong to the Lord you can disagree without being disagreeable. You are can disagree to agree or agree to disagree. That is, even if I disagree with you it will not stop me from supporting you. It will not deteriorate into a dispute that dissipates our energies.

Unity is power, settle your disagreement.

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am