Buried and risen with Him

We have heard people say, I am crucified with Christ but not many say I am buried with Christ nor I have risen with Christ. But the power in these seeming simple realities cannot be overemphasized.

And the Bible speaks to these realities. Spiritual though they are, they speak to a physical significance. And having this understanding can mean the difference between night and day.

"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead". (Col.2.12)

The crucifixion can necessary for the death to take place. He could have chosen to die in just any way but there was a specificity to it. So that scripture can be fulfilled. And the same amount of significance is also attached to the burial and then the resurrection.

Why is the burial significant?

If you are not buried with Him in baptism, how can you resurrect with Him? So his death is a set-up for the burial that is a set-up for the resurrection. If you choose to die but not be buried, then you won't experience the resurrection. So I am crucified with him but I also died and was buried with him. And if nothing was able to hold Him down, definitely nothing will be able to hold me down. I am risen with Him to newness of life, the newness of healthy living, and the newness of triumphant living in Christ Jesus.

I am not only crucified with Him but also buried and risen with Him to the newness of life. You nko?

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am