Inner conflict

I have heard it said that in life there are options. In fact, one of the greatest lessons I have learned in life is that there are options. But with these options also come inner conflicts or struggles.

If you only have one course of action to take, there will not be inward struggles because the nature of that course of action resolves that inward conflict for you.

"For I want you to know how great is my solicitude for you [how severe an inward struggle I am engaged in for you] and for those [believers] at Laodicea, and for all who [like yourselves] have never seen my face and known me personally." (Col.2.1)

The Apostle Paul says there is an inner conflict that he is engaged in. Why? He has the options of those in Colossians,  those in Laodicea, and the new ideas that he is prospecting - those whose faces he has never seen.

The reason these options are presented is that we want what's best for us and also because we do not know for certain what tomorrow holds. So we vacillate between the possibilities of good and better, better and best.

But what we need to do is to set our face like a flint knowing that the Lord will help us and not put us to shame

"For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. (Isa.50.7)

The reason I set my face like flint is that I will be confounded and the reason I will be confounded is that the Lord will help me.

Like the Apostle, Paul said in Phil.3.13 we must do this one thing. Your one thing may not be my one thing but whatever that one thing is, you know that God is there to stir you in the right direction and that He will help you. For He will never leave or forsake you.

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before" (Phil.3.13)

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am