Do the maximum

I remember working as a marketer in a bank some years ago. I was new and zealous, trying to meet the set target. A colleague who was working there before I came and was my partner said to me, relax, you can't finish all the work in one day and besides, if you finish it today, what will be there for you to do tomorrow? 

That is the mindset that most workers carry on. They want to barely get by and do the little they can but to excel, you have to do the maximum. And by that, I mean to do the very best you can. 

"Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best". (Col.3.22) 

Do your best... If this is your attitude to work, chances are when the minimum is required, you will go all out and outdo yourself and so stand out. 

Nobody likes being told what to do. This may account for why some people do not put their best foot forward when asked to do something. The passage says, servants or "workers, do what you are asked to do. And always remember that God expects the best of you and from you. And if this is your attitude and expectation from yourself, you will not stand before mean men but before kings. It may take a while but slowly and surely. 

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men". (Prov.22.29) 

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am