Husbands, go all out

Almost twenty years ago when I was about to say I do, I had gone to introduce my fiancee to a pastor friend of mine and to intimate him of our plans. After congratulating us, he asked me a very simple question, which I am going to pose to every husband reading this today: 'Are you willing to lay your life down for her as Christ did for the church? 

The Apostle Paul puts forth the essence of that question in this verse. He says husband go all out in love for your wife. 

"Husbands, go all out in love for your wives. Don't take advantage of them". (Col.3.19) 

All out means, all out, nothing held back. What my Pastor friend was alluding to was a similar passage of scripture

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" (Eph.5.25) 

Christ gave himself for the church so husbands are meant to give not just of their substance and themselves but to give up themselves for their wives if it came to that. 

If you cannot let your wife know how much you earn, how can you give up yourself for her? Love doesn't withhold. Hence the Bible says that God so love that He gave. He did not just give His substance but Himself. He says go all out in love for them. And finally, he added, do not take advantage of them. Husbands, go all out in love for your wives. 

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am