Prayer and Thanksgiving

There is so much connection between prayer and thanksgiving. It has been said that we enter into His gates with thanksgiving in our hearts and into His courts with praise. Jesus teaching his disciples to pray began with hallowing God's name. There is so much between prayer and thanksgiving. 

"Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me." (John.11.41) 

When Jesus prayed at the entrance of the tomb of dead Lazarus, He thanked the Father for always hearing him. It was as though He always had a ready answer to Jesus’ request. 

"Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving" (Col.4.2) 

Our prayer life is sustained in the place of thanksgiving. He says "and watch in the same with thanksgiving" watching in the same - in the same what? The same prayer. This means, that when I have asked the Father for what I need in faith, the way I keep watch over that prayer so that doubt and unbelief do not abort the result before it manifests, I would watch with thanksgiving concerning my request. 

When the enemy comes to tell me that I did not receive what I had asked the Father for, I continue in the place of prayer by saying, Father thank You for I received what I had asked You for. Let's say, I prayed for healing, even though I may still feel pain in my body, I would say, Father, I thank You for I have received my healing. 

It is in thanksgiving that we continue in the prayer of faith. Don't give up, persist in the place of prayer through continuous thanksgiving. 

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am