Living a pure life

To live a pure life you have to have a pure thought, to have a pure thought, you have to think pure thought. 

It was the Psalmist that opined that the person who will stand in the holy place will have clean hands and a pure heart and has not lifted his soul to vanity nor swore deceitfully. 

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully". (Ps.24.3-4) 

Looking at that scripture there are a few things to note, the hands are involved, (what we do), the heart is involved, (who we are) the soul is involved, (what we think) and the mouth is involved, (what we say). If we get it right in these areas we will live a pure life. 

"God has called us to be holy, not to live impure lives". (1Thess.4.) 

God has called us to be holy - that is who we are. That is what God has called us to be. It is important to note that what God has called no one can "uncall". However, the enemy will do all in his power to try and stop us from becoming all that God has called us to be. 

What he does is then make us think unclean thoughts, through suggestions. Remember Eve? Has God said? (see Gen:3:1). If he succeeded at that, what we say and do is already taken care of. Because our words proceed from our thoughts and our actions from our dominant thoughts. 

So despite what you have and have not done, keep saying what God says about you, keep doing what He says you can do and you will be what He says you can be. Agree with His word concern you. I am what God says I am. I have what God says I have. I can do what God says I can do. If God says I am holy because that's what He calls me, then I am holy. 

Good day,
And have a great day today,
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift)
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am