Be not ashamed

Being ashamed is a form of fear, a shyness that says I don't want to be ridiculed. But the Apostle Paul says do not be ashamed to proclaim, to testify of the gospel of Christ. 

"Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;" (2Tim.1.8) 

There is a certain amount of affliction that is associated with the testimony of our Lord. Little wonder, Jesus said, if you are ashamed of me before men, I will be ashamed of you before my father. 

"For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels." (Luke.9.26)

God wants you to partake of this affliction so that you can also share in the glory. Your affliction of the gospel may differ from another person's affliction. But when you take part in it for the sake of the gospel, you will be sure to share in the glory. The Apostle Paul calls it the "fellowship of his suffering" (see Phi:3:10)

There is something about this fellowship that creates a bond that results in glory. Share in the suffering, share in the glory. The suffering is a down payment for the power. In our text, it says the afflictions of the gospel are according to the power of God. In Phil:3:10 suffering is also associated with the power of God   

"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;" (Phil.3.10) 

Be not ashamed of the testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ. In it lies the bond that produces the power and the glory. Be partakers of the afflictions of the gospel of Christ. 

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am