Be strong in the grace of Christ Jesus

 "Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." (2Tim.2.1) 

I have often thought of the grace of God as a great mystery that cannot be fully understood on this side of eternity. There is so much to the grace that we have not come to know. But one thing I do know is that the grace of God is much more than we currently know. And the more we know, the more we realize there is yet more to know. 

It can be described as a multilayer of God's benevolence at the disposal of men. So when I hear people say do not take the grace of God for granted, I wonder. Yes, indeed, we should not continue in sin that grace may abound. But I am reminded of the fact that the more sin abounds, the grace of God much more abounds. 

"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound (Rom.5.20)

So instead of pondering how much grace you have squandered, the Apostle admonished us to be strong in the grace that is in the Lord Jesus Christ. You could not exhaust the grace hard as you may try. But I can tell you that if you have truly found grace in the sight of God, there is only one tendency, and that is to grow in grace, despite the struggles. And this growth will result in you being strong in grace. 

Be strong in grace, depend on grace, embrace grace, enforce grace, grow in grace, walk in grace, and work in grace. Let grace envelop you. Be strong in grace. I am strong on grace and I am strong in grace. 

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am