Strive of mastery

Doing the right thing always trumps doing things right. If you are doing things right but doing the wrong thing, it won't matter much. And that is the essence of our test today. A man may strive for mastery but if he does not do it lawfully, he would not receive the crown. No matter how fast you run, if you are in another runner's lane, you will be disqualified. Striving for mastery? Doing it lawfully. 

"And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strives lawfully." (2Tim.2.5)

Every game has its rules. You cannot play basketball with football rules neither can you play football with long tennis rules. The wise king Solomon tells us that the labour of fools weary every single one of them and he tells us why. 

"The labour of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city." (Eccl.10.15) 

There's a way that leads to the city. Find it and you will get in. 

The Apostle Paul tells us that all that strive for mastery are temperate in all things. That is, they are disciplined. Self-controlled, no sloppy living. They are focused and goal-oriented. 

"And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. (1Cor.9.25-27) 

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am