Notwithstanding, the Lord stood with me

"Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion." (2Tim.4.17)

It appears that when it seems we need people the most, that is when they seem to disappoint us the most. It is true that at a critical point in one's life, one will be left alone by friends and even family. But you are never alone for the Lord will stand by you.

The Apostle Paul narrated the troubles he has been through but concluded, "nevertheless the Lord stood by me". There is no other person I would rather have standing by my side when I am in trouble but the Lord. Let me encourage someone, the Lord will stand by you. I know this because the word of God said so.

"... for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Heb.13.5)

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Ps.46.1)

We are assured that God is ever present with us in trouble. But not only is He with us. Our text says that He will strengthen us. He will strengthen you to fulfill your purpose.

And finally, He will deliver you out of the mouth of the lion. I do not know what your lion is but whatever it is, you have the assurance of deliverance from the God who cannot lie. God will be with you in trouble,  strengthen you through the trouble, and at the end deliver you. May the Lord stand with you always. Amen

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am