The spirit of faith

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2Tim.4.7)

The Apostle Paul made a statement consisting of three clauses and they were all in the affirmative.

I have fought a good fight: he did not say I am fighting a good fight but I have fought a good fight. Meaning the fight was over and done with. But he was still here on the earth when he said that.

Next, he said: I have finished my course. His course was all that God set out for him to do and he said he has finished it.

And finally, he said I have kept the faith. Not keeping the faith but kept it

In all these, he spoke as though he was already done even though he was still here. There was a tone of finality in his voice.

"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;" (2Cor.4.13)

In 2 Cor:4:13 we see the principle the Apostle Paul put into practice in our text. He spoke those things because he believed. What are you speaking about because you believe?

He spoke not as things are but as things should or could be. That is what the spirit of faith does. Speaks those things that be not as though they were and you begin to act accordingly. There must be corresponding actions to the speaking of faith. I believe therefore I speak...

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am