Be conciliatory

"To slander or abuse or speak evil of no one, to avoid being contentious, to be forbearing (yielding, gentle, and conciliatory), and to show unqualified courtesy toward everybody." (Titus.3.2 AMP)

One of the most difficult things to do as one who grew up in Warri is to not back down easily. To be conciliatory was and is still one of my biggest challenges. But now I check myself with the word of God. I am learning to put all that aside because the word of God says so. 

If you talk to me I talk back at you. It didn't matter who you were. I remember this got me into a fight with my cousin way back because I talked back at my uncle. Now this was years ago and in as much as a lot of that has been brought under control by the help of the Holy Spirit, I now use that trait to speak up for the underdogs. 

But this verse right here brings everything into perspective. It says to not slander, abuse, or speak evil of anyone. Much more, to avoid being contentious. 

Really? Yeah, really!

Furthermore, it says to be forbearing (yielding, gentle, and conciliatory). Now, this is hard enough, and then it went on to say, "to show unqualified courtesy toward everybody.

Unqualified? Yes! 

Jesus went like a lamb to the slaughters and a sheep before the Shearers...

"He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth." (Isa.53.7)

So it is possible after all.  I am yielded to you Holy Spirit. What about you?

Good day, 
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am