God gave His word

"When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee" (Heb.6.17 MSB)

A promise is a debt. It is agreed that when a promise is made, it is not only honourable to keep it, but it is also responsible. God is both honourable and responsible. So when He made a promise, to guarantee that He was going to keep that promise, He gave His word. 

If we say a man's word is bound, how much more it is for a God Who cannot lie? His word says God is not a man that He should lie, nor is He like men to repent. (see Num:2319)

God's word is a guarantee that God will do what He says He will do. So if you find it in the word, you can take that word back to Him and be rest assured to get an answer from Him. Isaiah tells that His word will not return to Him void but the word will accomplish the purpose for which it was sent. 

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isa:55:11)

Psalm 138:2 tells us that God has magnified His word...

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." (Ps.138.2)

God is true to His word hence He gave His word. If you find it in His word, you can have it. 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am