Be holy

Be holy

"for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." (1Pet.1.16 NIV)

I am because He is. Because He is, I am. One is not holy because one does right, one is holy because God is holy. Holiness is the nature of God and when one is born again, one takes on this nature and becomes holy even before he does anything right. Holiness is first a nature before it is an act. It is nature that gives birth to the holy acts. 

Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3 that except a man be... 

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3.3)

So that the emphasis is on being, not doing. Doing comes after being. Don't get me wrong, what I am saying is that your doing sterns from your being. One can only do what one is. A sinner sins because he is a sinner. Sin is also a nature. It is the nature of the devil. When one has that nature, one sins. Holiness is a nature that gives birth to righteous acts. 

The more of God one sees the more of God one manifests. Just as in the Old Testament, the more Moses spent time in the presence of God, the more his face shone. (see Exo:34:29-35)

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." (1John.3.2)

We are already the sons of God now but the more we see Him, the more of him we manifest. When he finally appears we shall be like because then we shall see him as he is. 

"Be holy, because I am holy." (1Pet.1.16 NIV)

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
EmmA (aka Mr. Lift) 
@Liftemma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am