knowing God

knowing God 

"Here's how we can be sure that we know God in the right way: Keep his commandments. (1John.2.3 MSB)

Knowing God has become much easier compared to before. And by before I mean before the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. Why is this? 

When Jesus died the curtain that separated us from the very presence of God was torn from the top to the bottom. Top to bottom signifying no man could have done it. 

Jesus told us in John's gospel that any man who loves the Father will keep the Father's commandment. 

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." (John.14.21) 

And this is what our text reaffirms. It says that the way you know you know God is by keeping His commandments. And this commandment that He speaks of is found in John:13:34. 

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." (John.13.34) 

Paul also tells us that the fulfillment of the law is summed up in love. 
"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." (Rom.13.10) 
So the way you know God is by keeping His commandments. And the way to keep His commandment is to love one another. 

To know God is to love others. And to love others is to fulfill the law. 

Do you know God? 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro 
(aka Mr. Lift)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am