Restraint and regulated

Restraint and regulated 

"Everyone who commits (practices) sin is guilty of lawlessness; for [that is what] sin is, lawlessness (the breaking, violating of God 's law by transgression or neglect - being unrestrained and unregulated by His commands and His will)." (1John.3.4 1AMP)

Sin is a lawlessness, unrestrained or unregulated, boundary-less lifestyle. The wise writer of the book of Hebrews in one instance stated that we have not yet resisted unto blood striving against sin

"You have not yet struggled and fought agonizingly against sin, nor have you yet resisted and withstood to the point of pouring out your [own] blood. (Heb.12.4 AMP)

So you see that when we indulge it is because we want to, especially if you are a believer. The Bible in Roman tells us that sin has no dominion over us. 
"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Rom.6.14) 

James, the Apostle says if we are tempted it is only because we lust. That is drawn by our own lust. 
"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." (Jas.1.14) 

Solution? 

We need to practice a lot more restraint. This is how the Apostle Paul says it. Though not all things are wrong, I do not indulge myself. Hear him: "Everything is permissible (allowable and lawful) for me; but not all things are helpful (good for me to do, expedient and profitable when considered with other things). Everything is lawful for me, but I will not become the slave of anything or be brought under its power. (1Cor.6.12 AMP)

In another place, he says I bring my body under and subject it. I do not give it everything it requires. 

" But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." (1Cor.9.27) 

So sin is an unrestrained, unregulated, boundary-less lifestyle. Put some boundaries in place, and discipline your life. Live for Jesus. 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro 
(aka Mr. Lift)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am