The Love not are as good as dead

The Love not are as good as dead 

"The way we know we've been transferred from death to life is that we love our brothers and sisters. Anyone who doesn't love is as good as dead. (1John.3.14 MSB)

There is a sure way to determine one's destination after this world. My son suckered up to me and said Dad I want to ask you a question. I said OK, what is it?  He was quiet for a bit. And then he said, have you ever thought about what happens after a person dies?  I could see he was a bit scared. And I reassured him as best as I could using scriptures and you could see that that fear left before he left my room. 

And then I settled down to write, and low and behold, our text has some assurances to give. It says the way we know that we have been transferred from death to life is that we love our brothers and sisters. Love John tells us is the only message from the beginning. And when we love we meet God's standard. So why won't we love?

"For this is the message (the announcement) which you have heard from the first, that we should love one another," (1 John.3.11 AMP)

One reason is due to the fallen nature that seeks only that which satisfies the self. To love, we deprive ourselves and satisfy another. Love is God's response to selfishness. 

Our text ends with the warming that those who do not love are as good as dead. The love not are as good as dead. That is how important it is for us to love. 

"We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death." (1John.3.14) 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro 
(aka Mr. Lift)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am