Called, Sanctified, and preserved

Called, Sanctified, and preserved

"Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ: (Jude.1.1 NKJV)

God preserves his own. Jude lets us know that God does not only call but when he calls he sanctifies and those he sanctifies he preserves. 

Jesus told his disciples that they did not choose him, but he rather called them and chose them. 

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." (John.15.16)

God does the calling - when he calls you will you answer? He calls you the way you are; all you have to do is to answer when he calls. He says when you open the door of your heart, he will come in and sup with you and you with him. It is this fellowship routine that sanctifies those who answer the call. 

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Rev.3.20) 

It is not your place to call yourself, that's God's. It is not your place to sanctify yourself, that's God's and it is not your place to preserve yourself, that also is God's. Yours is to keep fellowshipping with Him 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro 
(aka Mr. Lift)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am