Fellowships

Fellowships 

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Rev.3.20) 

There can be no fellowship except you have two or more people. You truly cannot fellowship with yourself in the real sense of the word. 

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matt.18.20) 

Jesus paints a picture of communion when we look at our text carefully. Now, we have used this verse to say to sinners that Jesus is knocking at the door of their heart, if they hear and open to Him, He will come in and sup with them and they with Him. And that's true in one sense. But this letter was written to the church of the Laodiceans. So Jesus originally wasn't speaking to unbelievers but to believers. 

"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God" (Rev.3.15) 

And so he paints the picture of the communion as in case where we see Jesus break bread with his disciples. In fact, it was in one of such fellowships that Peter got his life's assignment

"Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep."(John.21.12, 16)

Fellowship is the lifeline of any relationship, it is the blood and what sustains relationship. When communication breakdown, fellowship suffers. Fellowship build reationships.Jesus wants to fellowship with you, would you open the door to your heart to Him? Be conscious of His presence daily and speak with Him regularly. 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro
(aka Mr. Lift) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am