The doctrine of Jezebel

The doctrine of Jezebel

"But why do you let that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet mislead my dear servants into Cross-denying, self-indulging religion? (Rev.2.20 MSB). 

In this day and age when we paint a portrait of Jezebel it will surprise most people how they fit into the picture that our text paints for us. The text refers to this kind of lifestyle as the doctrine of Jezebel.

What is the doctrine or teaching of Jezebel? 
It is the doctrine of Cross-denying and self-indulging religion. It is the lifestyle of convenience, where everything goes. One of the bane of most Christians today is that of self-indulgence. Not being willing to do what is required. Not going through the process. One of the ways the devil chips away at your character is by taking away bits by bits with no serious consequence in the immediate but over time.  Learning to do the right thing every time is a resolve that you should make. You may not get it right all of the time but you keep at it

The Apostle Paul says that he buffets his body and brings it under. 

"But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit]. (1Cor.9.27 AMP)

John the Baptist says he must decrease so that Christ may increase.? 

" He must increase, but I must decrease. [He must grow more prominent; I must grow less so.] (John.3.30 AMP)

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro 
(aka Mr. Lift

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am