Do not hide from God

Do not hide from God 

"When they heard the sound of GOD strolling in the garden in the evening breeze, the Man and his Wife hid in the trees of the garden, hid from GOD." (Gen.3.8)

The Psalmist asked where he could go from God's presence. The truth is that we cannot hide from the all-seeing-eyes of the all-knowing God but we like to try. 

"Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute--you're already there waiting! Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you."(Ps.139.7-12) 

As far away as Jonah thought he was running away from God, the closer he got to where God wanted him to be. 

David and Israel had sinned against God and God was going to punish Israel for this sin. David was given three different  options to choose from. This is what he said:

"David told Gad, "They're all terrible! But I'd rather be punished by GOD, whose mercy is great, than fall into human hands."So GOD let loose an epidemic from morning until suppertime. From Dan to Beersheba seventy thousand people died. But when the angel reached out over Jerusalem to destroy it, GOD felt the pain of the terror and told the angel who was spreading death among the people, "Enough's enough! Pull back!" The angel of GOD had just reached the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite. David looked up and saw the angel hovering between earth and sky, sword drawn and about to strike Jerusalem. David and the elders bowed in prayer and covered themselves with rough burlap." (2Sam.24.14-16) 

Do not act like Adam and Eve who hid from the presence of God, but like David, who instead of running from God, irrespective of sin status, ran to Him. For God will abundantly pardon. 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am