People thought evil

People thought evil 

"GOD saw that human evil was out of control. People thought evil, imagined evil--evil, evil, evil from morning to night. (Gen.6.5 MSB)

The mind is the center of human existence. Wherever goes the mind, so goes the man. The mind controls the man. That's why your thought life is a critical component to your success or failure in life in general, particularly your Christian walk. 

With the mind we serve the Lord. The Apostle Paul tells us that much. 

"I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." (Rom.7.25) 

The psalmist describes the wicked as one who does not think of God. He is wicked because God is not in all his thoughts. 

"The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. (Ps.10.4 KJV)

And this is what our text boils down to. Our text says that human evil was out of control. Why is this? He says because people thought evil and imagined evil - evil, evil, evil from morning to night. I have never seen the word evil used so much in one verse. Little wonder it was out of control. You want to control it, then change what you are thinking. If you start thinking right, you will bring evil under control. Renew your mind. (see Rom:12:1-2) Guard your mind. (see Prov:4:23) A clean life is only possible through a clean thought-life. 

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift)

NB: I want to say a very BIG THANK YOU to you for taking out time to celebrate my 50th birthday with me on Friday. Thank you!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am