Do not write yourself off yet

Do not write yourself off yet

"Is anything too hard for GOD? I'll be back about this time next year and Sarah will have a baby." (Gen.18.14) 

God is the God of all power and possibilities. There is nothing that God cannot do. And most people know and believe this; where the challenge is for most, is that they do not know whether God is willing to do what they want Him to do. As a result they write themselves off. 

This was the case with Sarah, Abraham's wife. She did not doubt the abilities of God to make possible what He has promised but she doubted her ability to bear children because she has passed the age of childbearing and her husband was old. 

"Sarah laughed within herself, "An old woman like me? Get pregnant? With this old man of a husband?" (Gen.18.12) 

She was saying, "God I know You can do Your part but I cannot do my part, neither can my husband do his part". Do not write yourself off. All God requires of you is to believe Him, to be open to the possibility. For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure. 

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (Phil. 2.13 KJV)

Do not write yourself off yet, believe God. If God did it for one person, He can do it for another. 

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me. (Acts.27.25 KJV)

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am