The Lord appeared to Abraham as a man

The Lord appeared to Abraham as a man 

"GOD appeared to Abraham at the Oaks of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance of his tent. It was the hottest part of the day. He looked up and saw three men standing. He ran from his tent to greet them and bowed before them. He said, "Master, if it please you, stop for a while with your servant. I'll get some water so you can wash your feet. Rest under this tree. I'll get some food to refresh you on your way, since your travels have brought you across my path." They said, "Certainly. Go ahead."(Gen.18. 1-5)

I wonder how any of us would recognize God if He appears to us. In one sense He already did, but most of us did not recognize Him because He had appeared in the for of a man. 

Verse one says God appeared to Abraham but in verse two Abraham saw him as a man in the company of two other men. It is interesting that Abraham still recognised Him even in the form of a man. We see Abraham distinguishing between the Him and the other men for he addressed as Master. 

Maybe that was why he was able to treat him as the Master. He refreshed him by providing him with best of hospitality. Water to wash, a place to rest, and food to eat. 

How many times have we turned the Lord away thinking he was just a man?  Sometimes, life presents us with an opportunity to do good but it comes dressed in work clothes - IT COMES TO US REQUIRING US TO LEAVE OUR COMFORT ZONE . A call for an urgent 2k, a brother in need, a sister needing help. Who have you refreshed today? 

Jesus said he was in prison, and you did not visit, hungry you did not feed him... 

"Then he will turn to the "goats,' the ones on his left, and say, "Get out, worthless goats! You're good for nothing but the fires of hell. And why? Because--I was hungry and you gave me no meal, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was homeless and you gave me no bed, I was shivering and you gave me no clothes, Sick and in prison, and you never visited.' "Then those "goats' are going to say, "Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn't help?' "He will answer them, "I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me--you failed to do it to me.' (Matt.25.39 -43)

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am