You cannot irritate God

You cannot irritate God 

"He said, "Master, don't be irritated with me, but what if only thirty are found?No, I won't do it if I find thirty." (Gen. 18.30).  

I could understand when Abraham said God should not be irritated with him when Abraham decided to persist in the place of prayer for sodom before God. We most times transfer or project our own fears or disposition on God, thinking this is what we  would do if we were in that position so we think that is what God will do also. But God is not man. 

The Bible say God created us for His pleasure so God cannot be irritate by us. Even when Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, God still came down to cover their nakedness. Someone would argue that but God drove them away from the garden. True! But that was for their protection. Because if they had eaten of the Tree of Life in that condition, they would have stayed that way for life. So God drove them out for their protection. 

Isaiah told that God requires us to bring our strong reasons when we pray.

"Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob." (Isa.41.21) 

In another place He says that we should come and reason with him. (see isa. 1.18) God wants a relationship with us. He understand our frame, come to him, He says He will never cast you out. 

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."(John. 6.37)

God is not irritated with you, He is badly in love with you. 

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not." (1John.3.1 KJV)

Good day,
Have a great day today, 
Emmanuel Okoro, 
(aka Mr. Lift) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in a name?

Jesus is the answer to the sin problem

Who makes me who I am